Carmo was established by Carl Mogensen (hence the name Car-mo) during the second world war. Carmo initially produced and sold buttons and other items manufactured in bone.
In 1946, the company was bought by Marckman Hansen, who introduced one of the first injection moulding machines in Denmark and a new era in plastics.
With on offset in buttons and buttonholes for raincoats, a wide productportfolio and deep know-how around injection moulding and high frequency welding was established.
Since then, Carmo has carried forward a proud tradition of the highest technical expertise, quality and flexibility and service towards our customers
In 1997, the company was acquired by the current owner, Steen Ishøy. With a background from the medico market, the company was further modernized automated and focused further on supplying medico customers.
Today the company has a range of modern machines and has invested heavily in automation and robotics to maintain unsupassed quality at competitive prices.
Facts & figures
- produces in all technical plastics – PP, PE, TPE etc. , … including PVC, that continues to be a core competency
- is ISO 13485 certified
- service more than 500 customers worldwide
- exports more than 90% of our production
- … to more than 50 countries world wide
- has more than 300 designs, and 1000+ variants
- carries stock on the majority of standard designs
- fulfils 95% of standard products within 5 working days
- delivers in small batches
- can manufacture in cleanroom down to class 10.000 (ISO class 7)